Welcome… 4 December 2023
The 4th release of the AGKWorkbench is currently being worked on…
Quite a number of the issues that have been found in the prior versions of the AGKWorkbench have either been rectified or are in the process of being corrected.
However, there is a lot of other work that is also continuing on this project.
New features that will begin to support a developer’s graphic library are in the process of being developed. These features will constitute the addition of three new modules\forms that will provide the following capabilities…
- Hexagon Map Editor – allows the developer to define maps on a per scenario basis and assign the two files that are created for each map using the popular Tiled software, which will support the drawing of a hexagonal map-board
- Hexagon Node Editor – allows the developer to generate all of the hexagonal map board node data on a per scenario\map basis that will provide the input for path-finding algorithms
- Hexagon Map Tile Editor – allows the developer to store the graphic images that will make up the hexagonal terrain of a map on a per scenario basis
- New database tables and stored procedures to support the new modules/forms as well as the required data access code to process these new procedures that will provide for inserting, updating, and deletion of the corresponding data being handled by these procedures
- Corresponding updates to the application’s HELP File
- Cleanup of the code in the interface modules/forms to make the code easier to read
- Corrections to the update files for each of the releases along with new instructions on how to run such udates manually, if required
If anyone has been having any difficulties with this application and requires some assistance, please post your questions using the site’s Contact form or send me an email at email@example.com …
This software is offered as a freely available Open Source package under the generous MIT license.
To download this package, please go to the “Free Software” menu option at the top of this site and select the option for the AGKWorkbench.
Due to the amount of work involved for this next set of updates, please note that no release, target date has been determined at this time…
Firebird Database Engine – Data Access Layers (new versions coming)
With the continuing developments with the Microsoft .NET Core Frameworks, it is now time to begin offering newly compiled versions of the Firebird Data Access Layers that are offered on this site.
As a result, work has begun on updated compilations for these data access layers that will provide compiled versions for .NET Core versions 6, 7, and 8. All of these new compilations will use the latest Firebird ADO.NET Provider as provided by the Firebird Development Community (current version -> 10.x.x).
Please note that no release, target date has been set as of yet for these new versions of the data access layer…
CDOCS is a free Personal Document Management System. And it appears that it is starting to get some notice.
Security Extension licensing is also available for purchase from within the application for a very modest price. This extension allows a user to password protect the application as well as provide the database file with two levels of encryption for increased security.
CDOCS allows anyone to store an unlimited number of doc, docx, rtf, pdf, and txt files against any number of user defined categories. This then allows for the centralization of all of one’s documents that can then be easily retrieved and read within the system’s own document viewers, downloaded for editing or printing.
As this is still the original release, please report any issues as soon as possible to Black Falcon Software by using the Contact page here or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ….